Ever wonder what’s behind a software update? We’re continuing to improve the HouseCanary real estate data platform based on your feedback and requests, which help shape our products and inform our updates.
Recently, we’ve tweaked some existing features and added some new ones to help you make the most out of your real estate business. Here’s a short rundown of what’s new:
- Property listing status: Know whether a property is listed for sale, in the process of closing, or off the market. Use listing status data to monitor your portfolio or identify new investment opportunities.
- Property value details adjusted: See how a property’s value would change if it had more bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, or a pool. Use it to assess the ROI (return on investment) of home improvements or to understand value drivers in an area.
- Block-level environmental hazards: Understand how hurricanes, tornadoes, hailstorms, windstorms, and earthquakes affect an area. Use it to manage your risk exposure or explain otherwise surprising values.
- New test addresses: Expanded from 10 to 100 properties, our test addresses now cover the whole country — so you can build or test your API integration with values closest to your expected production addresses.
- Address matching details: API responses now include detailed messages about how our system handled the address provided in the API request. This can help you troubleshoot issues and provide clear guidance to your users.
- New in Match & Append:
- Value Report web link — to capture even deeper property insights, you can now pull links to the web-based Value Report in bulk from Match & Append.
- Value Analysis results — get HouseCanary’s recommendation for how to arrive at a high-confidence value for a property, based on available data for the property and neighborhood.